Today I am thankful for Sam’s Club. You may be thinking “JEN!! There are only two people in your household, why the hell do you shop at Sam’s?” Well….here are my five reasons for being thankful for Sam’s:
- Sam’s Club is one of my customers that I call on for Sadler’s. How they perform determines a lot for me, such as my bonus…my next role within this company…future jobs…etc. They have been very good to me over the past several years and I would not be where I am without them. I may not work directly for Sam’s….but I really do. =)
- One of the buying teams that I have worked with at Sam’s has taught me a tremendous amount of lessons- ones that help me directly in my job, and ones that help me in life. Sounds crazy, but it’s true! I have learned how to be a true partner in business. I have learned how to balance between internal and external needs and concerns. I have learned how to apologize profusely when I did nothing wrong, and how to push back when I feel that it is needed. To this day, I would jump ship and work directly for one man at Sam’s who I have called on for four years in a second! Well, if he could afford me.
- The demo program at Sam’s has introduced me to several products that I now buy on a regular basis. These include, but are not limited to: parmesan encrusted tilapia, chicken/spinach/garlic ‘brats,’ and the Reeser’s breakfast casserole. Yum!
- Sam’s has the best produce I can buy within 15 miles, outside of the farmer’s market (seasonal) and Allen’s in Bella Vista (too pricey).
- I love bulk items that just make sense- like dog food, toilet paper, paper towels, laundry detergent, etc. Saves me time and money!