Well, IUI #3 is complete! Let me back-track through the process and give a review, then I’ll get into some details:
- On Friday, I had one follicle measuring 1.9, and a few smaller ones
- On Saturday morning I had a negative OPT, so when I talked to Dr. P at 8am (yes, he gave me his cell number…he’s amazing) he said to take the trigger shot at 10pm that evening
- Fast forward to 10pm- gave myself the shot again…super smooth, if you ask me
- 8:30am this morning- Chris and I arrived at the doc’s office. Chris did his thing (I was concerned because Chris’s ‘deposit’ didn’t look as large as it normally does, but doc said we were good), and then I worked from the waiting room while it was being washed/prepared
- Around 10 or 10:30 (lost track of time)- went back for procedure. Took about 10 minutes, then layed on the bed with my legs in the air for 30 minutes. Done.
Now for a couple of details that are TMI for any male readers. Dave/Robin….this means you! Stop here! No, really. Stop. Now. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Ok, quick hilarious little story about my trigger shot on Saturday night. Several of us girls did a girl’s night on Saturday night at my friend Lauren’s house. We were all excited and started group texting a few days prior. Day before and day of the texting was out of control…pretty sure I had over 50 texts when I woke up on Saturday am! Anyway, I sent out a “so who is gonna give me my trigger shot at 10pm?” I didn’t think much about it, as I’ve talked about all this stuff with all these girls several times prior. So we get to the party, and at some point the shot comes up. One of the girls….probably the most beautiful person I know in real life…is just a TAD bit naive in certain areas. You know who you are. Anyway, she asked about the shot…..and ends up she SERIOUSLY thought that my text about the trigger shot was asking who was going to INSEMINATE ME!! She even called it ‘insemination station!’ OMG…..I laughed all night about this, b/c it’s so crazy to me to think I’d be asking someone to turkey baster me at a party! LOL! It was hysterical. Fast forward to 10pm, and I had a whole cheering section while I gave myself the shot…cool to think that if this IUI works, they were all a part of it. =) Love you ladies!
The other story that may be TMI deals with something that Dr. P said/did today during the IUI. It deals with cervical mucus, so skip this part if ya want! Anyway, as you may or may not know, the female body is really freaking crazy and cool in how it prepares for making a baby. One thing that I’ve never really noticed (that some of my friends have mentioned before) is cervical mucus around the time of ovulation. I have friends who can tell when they are ovulating because they start to discharge mucus whenever they ovulate…I’ve never been like that. Today, however, I discovered what cervical mucus is! Dr. P had placed the speculum and was getting ready to insert the catheter when he started talking about my mucus. Seriously. He even inserted a swab and then pulled some out to show me and said…and I quote…”that’s some wonder woman mucus right there!” Gross, I know. Anyway, he said that its consistency was perfect and that it indicated that our timing was ideal. So I’ll take it! I’ve been laughing about that all day, though.
So that’s it…IUI #3 is done, and now I just have the dreaded 2WW until I know if it worked or not. It kinda sucks that the day I will know for sure will be Christmas day. Then again, could be the best Christmas ever! Fingers crossed….