Let’s see…where did I leave off….oh yeah, had my IUI on April 24th and was then spending the next week at the beach. Let me tell you- that beach trip was JUST what the doctor ordered! I got some amazing quality time with my family, and I had plenty of time to be lazy and relax. The Thursday/Friday/Saturday at the end of my vacation I was totally feeling Aunt Flow coming on- was very irritable and exhausted. I don’t usually get cramps, but Saturday/Sunday I started getting some cramps and was kinda depressed about it. You see, every month before my period comes I try to listen SO HARD to my body to see if anything is different at all. Hoping…praying..that I’m pregnant. There have been a few times where I had even convinced myself that I was feeling pregnancy symptoms. But I was always let down. Having learned my lesson, I have tried not to get my hopes up too much or read too much into every little feeling.
The RE had told me to test on May 8th- that’s officially 2 weeks post-IUI, and the result at that time would be accurate. I woke up Monday morning (May 6th…12 DPIUI) and thought ‘why not’ about testing. I didn’t want to get my hopes up any more than they already were…and I needed to start planning my next trip to LR for the final IUI anyway. I peed on the little stick and went about getting ready for work. I even forgot about the test, because I seem to always be taking them and I have never expected to say anything except “Not Pregnant.” I was shocked when I saw this:
Can you believe it? I immediately started crying…then I started wondering if it was possible for it to be a false positive due to the trigger shot I took on April 22nd…then I cried some more. Luckily, hubby was home and I was able to show him the test that very morning as well. =) I ended up taking a few more over the next two days just to make sure I wasn’t crazy….
I went to the doctor and did blood work that Monday (May 6th..12DPIUI)- test said I was preggers! Beta was 90. Did another set of blood work on the 8th, and Beta was 193… exactly as it should be (more than doubled from two days prior). This is when it really sank in- I’M PREGNANT! Here are the details:
- As of yesterday I am 5 weeks along.
- Due Date is January 16th, which happens to be one day passed Chris’s b-day. He’s already telling me that he will be losing his b-day forever.
- My first ultrasound is next Tuesday, May 21st. Since I will just be 2 days of 6 weeks I SHOULD be able to hear the heartbeat. Dr. will also verify that there is just one little bebe in my belly. =) I cannot wait! Once I hear the heartbeat and see that the little poppy-seed has actually implanted in the correct location I will feel MUCH better.
- As far as meds go, Dr. had me stop taking Metformin as soon as I had a +HPT….so I’m now just taking a prescription prenatal vitamin and the progesterone suppositories. I’ll probably have to take those until I’m 12-13 weeks along. UGH.
- Pregnancy Symptoms? Yes, a few. I’m exhausted all the time….like I need to get home ASAP after work so that I can lay down, exhausted. I have light cramping on and off most days, but the doctor said that’s nothing to worry about. Besides that, I’m dealing with some insomnia at night, which sucks since I’m so tired. I literally will go to bed at 9pm and lay there for hours…finally going to sleep around 1 or 2 or 3. It’s so annoying! But I’m not complaining. =)
Most people wait until their 2nd trimester to tell anyone that they are expecting, but I just couldn’t wait. I have been soooo open about our TTC journey…so why would I hold back on the actual pregnancy? There are a few reasons I wanted to share (with you, close friends, and family….this is NOT Facebook official or anything, so if you know me in real life don’t post anything about it, please):
- IF something were to happen, I need the support. I’ve had an amazing group of people supporting me throughout this journey over the past few years, and I know they/you will be there moving forward…no matter what happens
- Because I’ve been so open about our TTC, people KNOW my schedule. I start getting emails/texts on ‘testing’ day asking how it went…if I’d tested yet…etc. I had people asking me starting May 6th already, so what was I suppose to do? Lie? It was a tough call, but I went with my gut
- My biggest reason for sharing? I wanted to share the joy. I share my heartache, so of course I want to share my joy. Would it be fair to just share my struggles to get pregnant and then later perhaps have to share a tragedy without at least sharing the joy in between? This joy is now…and I want to celebrate it and enjoy it as long as possible. =)
So yeah….that’s what is up! Can you believe it? I can’t. I’m just beside myself with happiness…I truly cannot explain. For the record, I am also completely terrified that something will happen and take this away from us. After trying for so long, I don’t know how I’d handle it if something were to happen. Every time I get a cramp, my heart sinks. Every time I use the restroom, I check for blood. Everything I feel something weird in my abdomen I imagine that I have a tubal pregnancy. I know that most of this stuff is out of my control and that I shouldn’t think about it or stress…..but I do have the fear. I’m hoping that will go away…or at least lessen…after I hear the heartbeat and see the bebe.
Thank you all for the support- please keep those good thoughts/vibes/prayers/etc coming my way for a healthy and happy Baby Hottinger!!!