June 3 Writing Prompt: Biggest Indulgence
This one is easy for me- vacations. Growing up, my family NEVER went on vacation. When I say never, I mean that I literally never went on a single vacation with my family. When I got to college, I started planning little trips with my friends. Sometimes it was just an overnight road trip to see a concert or two, and sometimes it was a week-long beach trip. Either way, I was hooked. To this day, I generally have two big vacations planned for each year, with several little 3-4 day trips planned in between. I work hard, so I do not feel guilty playing hard as well. =)
I actually have a lot planned for the next few months….guess it’s good since I won’t be able to travel after a certain point in my pregnancy (I’ll be talking to the doc about this next week) and then it’ll be harder to travel once we do have a kiddo. Here’s the rundown of the next several weeks:
- Currently in TX for work, but have guests coming to visit and stay this weekend
- Traveling to Central AR the following weekend to visit in-laws
- Going to KC for two nights (one night of concerts) the next weekend
- Going to CO the following week/weekend for a little vaca (and four nights of concerts at Red Rocks)
- 4th of July weekend- plans being discussed, but possibly going to a friend’s festival- Highberry
- Third weekend in July- back to KC for a girls trip and concert
- Last week of July/First week of August- trip to New Zealand and Vanuatu
- 2nd weekend in August- Girls trip to Miami to see Timberlake and JZ
See, lots of plans. It’s almost overwhelming now that I’m pregnant, but I’m sure it’ll be fun. I am not going to book anything after the Miami trip….
As an aside, Happy Anniversary to me and my DH Chris! 7 years….