Before I get into the usual updates, I have to share….I had my first random belly touch this weekend! I have actually been wondering when this would happen, as I’ve had a few special responses ready for the unknowing assailant. I figured it would go something like this:
- Someone (old woman, fellow pregnant person, etc) touches my belly….and I lean over and just put my hand on theirs and stare at them
- Someone (similar to above) touches my belly….and I slap their hand away
- Someone (similar to above) touches my belly…and I cup their face in my hands
I didn’t know WHAT I’d do exactly, but I did know that I would make them feel uncomfortable for making me feel uncomfortable. NOTE- I have no issue with people I know touching my belly. I thought I might (as I’ve always been overweight and hated anyone touching my stomach), but now that this preggo belly is large and in charge it doesn’t bother me at all. Anyway, here is what went down this weekend at the game:
- Chris and I were heading to our seats, about to go through security/etc. I went in like 1 minute again of Chris so that I could get through the purse check and head to the bathroom as soon as possible (pregnant lady problems)
- I get through the purse check and am standing in line to have my ticket scanned….when all of a sudden I get a drive-by belly rub from like this 35-40 year old man! I have my ticket out, and this guy in line beside me just reaches over…rubs my belly…. says “Oh, how precious” …..and then keeps on walking like it never happened.
I was left standing there kinda shell-shocked, and then I laughed a little bit to myself because it was just so bizarre. Especially that it was a man and that it happened so fast. I didn’t have TIME to react to him in any sort of way…but looking back I don’t think that I would have anyway. It didn’t really bother me, just surprised me. I guess if I was in a bad mood it’d be different? Either way, so so so so so thankful that Chris was a little bit behind me, because if he’d been beside me to witness what happened I KNOW he would have said something to that guy. Especially after a few whiskey drinks…
Besides the game, had a pretty lazy weekend this weekend. Visited my parents and cooked them dinner one night….went to a friend’s b-day part at their new house after the game…and had dinner with another friend last night, but that’s it. So on to the normal weekly update…..
The baby center is great (my usual updates), but I’m also enjoying Alphamom’s pregnancy calendar. Here is what she says for this week:
- Weighs about three pounds and is 17 inches long. Since most full-term babies are between 20 and 22 inches long at 40 weeks’ gestation, your baby will pack on more pounds than inches in the 10 weeks or so.
- Is starting to get a little crowded in there, but still has room to wiggle and roll and punch and kick.
- Despite all the movement, it’s still damn near impossible to tell what position your baby is in for sure (head down, breech, transverse, etc.), but it’s also still too early to be worrying about it. MOST babies settle into a head-down position around 36 weeks, and some still manage to flip themselves around after that.
- May feel like you’re gestating a pissed-off housecat rather than a chubby wittle baby at this point, with some movement and kicks causing ACTUAL PHYSICAL PAIN. Some women experience kicks so sharp and unnerving they mistake them for uterine contractions, even if they’ve already been through pregnancy and labor and should really know better.
- Some of these women may even write pregnancy guides on the Internet
Baby is the size of a cucumber! At week 30, baby already measures about 15.2 to 16.7 inches long and weighs about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds. His skin continues to get smoother while his brain is getting wrinklier – to make way for all that essential brain tissue. One smart baby is forming! And while your little cucumber is not even the size of a five-pound weight, he is strong enough to grasp a finger. Just imagine his itty-bitty fingers clutching your pinky…are you melting yet??
How far along? 30 weeks
Total weight gain: As of last week, +8 lbs total. Will weigh-in again on the 19th at my next appointment
Maternity clothes? I’m all in. I have ONE pair of maternity jeans I love, and I find that I am wearing them all the time if I’m in public. I need to get another pair…and some leggings
Stretch marks? I’m seeing some new, light ones. They don’t bother me at all, but curious if they will darken at any point. If they do, I won’t like them. If they stay similar, I don’t mind
Sleep: Getting worse and worse. I’m doing good if I can get a solid 2 hours in before whatever hip I’m currently laying on starts to scream at me and I have to flip over.
Best moment this week: Had a great time at the game on Saturday. The weather was perfect, and although we didn’t win it was a lot of fun. Got to see a lot of people, and got lots of compliments on the baby bump…gotta love that!
Miss Anything? Just solid sleep. And caffeine every now and then (like when I’m lagging with work)
Movement: Tons and tons…and changing daily as far as how they feel. So weird, but so cool
Food cravings: Sweets, like always
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Gender prediction: Girl girl girl!!!!
Labor Signs: I’ve been having Braxton Hicks contractions for a couple of weeks now, but that’s not really a sign that I’m going into labor or anything.
Symptoms: It’s official- I have pregnancy brain. I was convinced it wasn’t a real thing at all, but then I’ve caught myself doing some dumb things. Like…driving to the wrong theatre and going in to buy tickets when I knew the movie was at the other theatre. Mainly I’m just really forgetful lately….probably due to the lack of sleep. Besides that, general fatigue…frequent urination….sciatic nerve pain in them hips….shortness of breath much faster than normal…and those Braxton Hicks contractions.
Belly Button in or out? In, but shallow
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Two friends are throwing me a baby shower this Saturday…and I can’t wait! Excited to see everyone…especially a few girls that I never see and one that lives a ways away that is making the trip. So excited.
Next appointment: November 19th- most likely our final ultrasound and the beginning of every-other-week appointments. Crazy!