Hello hello! I’m a little late this week, but better late than never I suppose. Right? Plus, this past weekend and week thus far has just been CRAZY busy….feels like I’m running a race or something. Here is what went down:
- Last Thursday was the first day since the ice storm that I got out of the house. I ran errands in Fayetteville and visited with a few folks, and then I had a lovely dinner at The Catfish Hole with a good friend, Greg, and my husband. Dinner was fabulous (as it always is at that place….the hushpuppies are to die for) and catching-up was even better. Lots of fun.
- Last Friday- busy busy day with work and then finishing up the nursery. The nursery had to be 100% finished before Saturday, as we had our make-up maternity pics scheduled for Sat morning.
- Saturday morning- maternity pictures at our house. Chris and I both HATE having our pictures taken, so hopefully they will turn out ok. He made me laugh a lot, so I worry that a lot of them will be goofy. But…we’re goofy, so maybe that’s appropriate. We shall see. I hope to have them this weekend, so I’ll share my favorites next week! Plus, the photographer (a good friend of mine) took some detail pics of the nursery for us as well, so I’ll make sure and share those too.
- Saturday noon/afternoon/evening- Christmas with the in-laws. We usually go to Russellville and have X-mas at Chris’s mom and dad’s house around Christmas, but this year they ( MIL/FIL and the SIL/BIL/Kids who lives in Russellville) they traveled to NWA so that I wouldn’t have to make the trip. We celebrated at my other SIL’s house in Springdale and it was good to see everyone. Have I ever mentioned that I hit the jackpot when it comes to my in-laws (all of them)? Seriously…they are fantastic. Love them.
- Sunday- final baby shower (the one that was rescheduled due to the ice storm)! It was co-ed and very low-key. Loads and loads of people showed up and we had a lot of fun! We played a few games (first shower with games, and I enjoyed them), ate, did presents, etc. A few people got drunk, which was entertaining. Baby Hott was spoiled beyond belief and I left here with a heart full of love and gratitude. A few of the hosts have recently come into my life (last 1.5 years or so) and they are such blessings, contributing to my life in so many ways
That brings me to this week, which has been busy as well! We had our first weekly check this past Monday when I hit the 36 week mark. I was anxious for this appointment, mainly because I wanted to know if Baby Hott had flipped like I thought she had….and I wanted to know if I had dilated/effaced at all. Blood pressure was perfect and I weighed in a +2 lbs vs a couple of weeks prior. Doctor checked me out and said he’s 95% sure that baby flipped- yay! So glad that she’s cooperating. Then again, I’m not mad at the thought of a c-section…..so maybe I would have been happy either way? I think I’m just happy that my body/baby is doing what it’s suppose to do at this point. Yes, that’s it. As for dilated and effaced, I was neither. Doctor said that’s the norm for first time moms at this point. I was kinda happy to be 0/0…..because once you start progressing you’d better be ready! I needed another week to feel ready. =)
Yesterday my mom and I went to Tulsa to finish up our Christmas shopping and finish up my ‘must have’ list of items I wanted pre-baby that I had not bought or received yet. It was a very successful trip, but boy o boy it wore me out! I forget how easy I have it working from home. Get me out for 6 hours walking around I start waddling like I’m holding a bowling ball between my legs! I was drained by the time I got home, but it was totally worth it. Why?
- We went to Buy Buy Baby and Babies R Us (neither of which we have in NW Arkansas) and found lots of good deals. Plus, I’d been saving coupons and had like 9 “20% one item” coupons that I was able to use to add to the good deals
- I finished up my Christmas shopping (except for my BF’s two girls)
- I now have nothing left to buy on my ‘must have’ baby list! I have a few things I’ve ordered through Amazon that haven’t come in yet….and a few things that I’ll need in a few months but don’t want to worry about now…but everything else is here/unpacked and organized. It feels so good!
Geez, this is probably really boring to any of you not pregnant…I just realized that. Ok, here’s the weekly update!
Baby is the size of a honeydew melon! He’s still in the 17.2 to 18.7-inch and 4.2 to 5.8-pound range and continues to beef up. Your once-poppy-seed would probably be able to breathe on his own if he was born right now. (If not, he’d probably need some TLC, but he’d likely be okay.) Most of his systems and his organs, such as his liver and kidneys, are in working order at 36 weeks.
How far along? 36 weeks
Total weight gain: +14 lbs as of Monday
Maternity clothes? Yup- anytime I leave the house and decide to shower/get out of yoga pants!
Stretch marks? I really can’t tell. I have some old ones that are really light and I can’t tell if there are more or not? Sometimes I think I see one and then I think maybe it’s just veins under the skin? Who knows. Guess we’ll know for sure when my belly goes down!
Sleep: UGH- the worst. I have trouble going to sleep…and when I wake up (like 6 times a night) I have trouble getting back to sleep. Luckily we have Christmas and New Years time off soon, so I’ll hopefully get more naps in then. =)
Best moment this week: So many. Catching up with friends. Seeing that the baby flipped. A kick-ass baby shower. Seeing pics of a friend’s newborn baby (friend was due on the 21st and had a c-section on the 18th and welcomed a sweet 8 and half pound baby girl….who is BEAUTIFUL….and everyone is happy/healthy). Finishing our nursery and my ‘must have’ list!
Miss Anything? Good sleep. Being comfortable in most sitting/laying positions.
Movement: Still tons, but it’s different than it was a few weeks ago. She’s very aggressive with her movements (Chris got to feel some of those this past weekend and he was kinda shocked) and I’m feeling lots of kicking in the ribs now. It’s crazy to feel her stretch out from crotch to ribs or side to side from now and then….I feel like she’s huge!
Food cravings: Sweets. Carbs. Anything not healthy, pretty much.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
Gender prediction: Girl
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks
Symptoms: No changes
Belly Button in or out? Flat to out. Depending on her position, she pokes it out every now and then.
Wedding rings on or off? On, but noticed earlier this week that they are tighter.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy.
Looking forward to: Christmas Party on Saturday night…Christmas next week
Next appointment: Monday, Dec 23rd.