38 weeks…I really never thought I’d make it this far. I just assumed I’d have problems/issues and not be able to grow a full-on baby, but look at me! Holy shitballs I’ve done it! It’s an amazing feeling knowing that as soon as Baby Hott wants to make her appearance will be just fine health-wise. Sure, I’m scared to death that something may go wrong in labor and delivery, but I’m trying not to focus on that. Instead, I focus on all these kicks to the ribs I’m constantly getting and rest assured knowing she’s safe and healthy right now. It’s a good feeling.
As those who read my blog know, I have had an amazing pregnancy thus far. Sickening amazing, especially to those who didn’t have easy pregnancies. When I think about not being pregnant within the next few weeks, it’s a little sad to me. OF COURSE I’m excited for all things to come, but I’m really going to miss this crazy experience so so much. I really hope I get to experience it again someday, but for now I’m going to try to enjoy every last second that I can.
That being said….it’s getting harder and harder to get around! I still feel great, but simply rolling over from one side to the other is quite the feat, and watching me trying to clean my house or cook is a joke due to the number of ‘breaks’ I have to take to get my breath. And sleep? Oh man….I miss sleep. I feel like I’m hanging in there pretty well, but it would be simply amazing to sleep for 3-4 hours at a time, at least!
So….non-baby stuff….let’s see:
- Christmas was last week, and it was simply ok. DH and I went to my parents’ house on Christmas Eve and stayed the night and came home the following day. One of my sisters and her child (almost 4 years old) also stayed, which ended up really trying my nerves. I have 13 nieces and nephews…and I love love love them all…but this youngest one, so far, is just a brat. It’s not her fault at all and I don’t blame her for her behavior, but it’s awful. She whines ALL.THE.TIME. If she doesn’t get what she wants as soon as she wants it, she throws a fit/screams/runs off/shakes violently/etc. She doesn’t sit and eat with adults (she doesn’t really eat….she had cake for dinner on Christmas Eve and a roll for lunch the following day from what I saw). She isn’t potty trained at all. She won’t keep clothes on. I could go on and on, but let’s just say my nerves were shot. On top of this, my dad overheated the house (they have wood burning stove for heat…and once it’s too hot you are screwed) and I got too overheated and had to lie down in the back room with a fan on me to avoid passing out. Let’s just say I was ready to get home that day!
- The evening of Christmas I got home and started having stomach issues and then vomiting. It was awful! I’ve always hated puking, but puking with a big ole’ 9 month preggo belly is so so so so bad. I really thought it was going to throw me into labor. Not sure what the problem was (stomach bug? food issues? reaction to some meds?), but I’m good now.
- My good friend Beth from CO (we became friends when we were doing our masters at the U of A) came into town this weekend and stayed a couple of nights with us…..and it was soooo good to see her! I’m so happy for her and all that she has going on, but I miss her dearly and selfishly wish she’d move back home to AR. =)
- Another good friend from college also came to visit me yesterday- I felt so spoiled!
- Chris and I have been to 3 movies in the past couple of weeks- Catching Fire, The Hobbit and Anchorman 2. He’s off work until the 2nd, so we MIGHT go see one more sometime this week if we get our to-do list all done.
And now for the weekly update:
Baby is about 18.9 to 20.9 inches long and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. His head is now about the same circumference as his abdomen. He may have about an inch or so of hair already. He’s slowly shedding that white goo on his skin (called vernix caseosa) but you might see some of it at birth.
WHY don’t they just say that Baby is about the size of a BABY?!? Seriously, a pumpkin at this point? Oh well…I’ll go with it.
How far along? 38 weeks
Total weight gain: As of this morning +14lbs. I had gained 2 lbs at last week’s appointment, but then lost 2 lbs at this week’s appointment…so back to +14lbs total.
Maternity clothes? That and PJs is pretty much it. I’m sleeping in a sportsbra and shorts now….with the belly it’s really quite the look.
Stretch marks? No new ones that I can see. I can see veins under the skin, though, which sometimes make me think they are stretch marks?
Sleep: Ha. Screw you.
Best moment this week: Finding out today that I’m officially 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced! Whoo hoo!! Progress.
Miss Anything? Just sleep, mainly.
Movement: OMG she wakes me up kicking me in the ribs all the time now that she’s not breech. And I can watch my stomach move around at least 3 times a day…I love it. The rib kicks, though, can chill. 😉
Food cravings: Anything sweet.
Anything making you queasy or sick: This week has been weird and I’ve had some weird nausea since last Wednesday, but better now.
Gender prediction: Girl girl girl!
Labor Signs: Dilation and effacement….braxton hicks contractions.
Symptoms: Same as previous weeks, except for the nausea and vomiting this week…which I hope are completely unrelated.
Belly Button in or out? Officially out now, except when I am on my side in bed, then it’s kinda flat. I noticed it through my shirt for the first time the other night at the movies.
Wedding rings on or off? On, but tight by the end of the day.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy…and tired
Looking forward to: Next appt
Next appointment: Wed Jan 8th